So before James was born I will admit that I had a very unhealthy obsession with “What’s in my Diaper Bag” articles and videos. I watched TONS of these videos on Youtube and read about a million blog posts on this topic through Pinterest, taking mental notes of what everyone packed in their bags for their little babes! I wanted to know what was the best bag, what I needed and what I didn’t need, along with what everyone carries with them when they are on the go with their children. I was OBSESSED! I’ve probably watched and read them all! So it is only fitting that one of my very first blog posts be a “What’s in my Diaper Bag” post because of course I want to put my two cents in!
The diaper bag I carry and absolutely LOVE is the B.F.F. Diaper Bag from Ju-Ju-Be in the print “The Countess”. This bag holds everything and keeps me so organized when I’m out and about on mommy duty! What all does it hold you ask? Well let me tell you!
- Changing Pad- This bag comes with its own memory foam changing pad. I have another one I carry also that is more compact, but the changing pad the bag came with is super nice.
- Ziploc Freezer Bag- I like to keep these on hand for any items that may get soiled- trust me, you’ll want to have these available to you!
- Munchkin Arm & Hammer Diaper Bag Refills- I just keep the refills. I was nice and let my husband keep the dispenser. But these are really nice for when you are in public and need to throw away a dirty diaper.
- Mam Pacifier Wipes- Because pacifiers fall on the ground, and they go in your baby’s mouth. Wipe that paci off and don’t be gross.
- Baby brush- I like to keep a baby brush on hand for my little man. He has a lot of hair so I always need to make sure my little guy looks like the dapper gentleman that he is.
- ELARI 5-in-1 Diaper Clutch and Portable Changing Station- Let me tell you, this thing is AWESOME! If you don’t necessarily want to take your diaper bag with you but are going someplace with your little one, then this is the next best thing. I usually keep 3 diapers in here, wipes, sanitizer spray and A&D ointment. It also comes with its own little compact changing pad. What’s really cool about this clutch… when you no longer need to use it as a diaper clutch, you can keep it as a makeup bag….how awesome is that?!?!
- Hand Sanitizer- As a mother, you can NEVER have too much hand sanitizer.
- Sandals- I keep a pair of baby sandals in my bag. Most of the time I don’t bother putting shoes on James, but you never know when you might want to slap those babies on his little adorable feet so I keep them on standby.
- Munchkin Arm & Hammer Nursery Fresheners- I keep one of these in my bag just to keep it smelling nice and fresh!
- Philips AVENT Powder Formula Dispenser and Snack Cup- I like to have emergency formula on standby for when I am out with James. This container is great because it has 3 compartments in it to separate your formula so I know I can keep exactly the amount of formula I need to make 3 bottles for James. What’s even better is that you can take the divider out and use the container as a snack cup for when your child is older! I love items that have multiple uses!
- Baby Toys- I like to take toys along with me just in case for James. I love Sophie the Giraffe because she is easy for James to grab on to and completely safe for him to chew on. I also have a little baby rattle for him that he really enjoys.
- Sunnies- Because James is a cool kid.
- Vaseline Lip Therapy: Rosy Lips- Because mom gets dry lips!
- Ju-Ju-Be Be Set Bags- I use these to keep me organized. It comes with a large, medium and small pouch. I like these because they keep everything organized in my bag and I know exactly where everything is. In the large pouch I like to keep 2 sets of clean clothes for James. More often than not I need them! In the medium pouch I keep his burp cloth along with a baby bib and in the smallest pouch I like to keep my little man’s baby Tylenol, gas drops and teething medicine.
I do keep other things in James’s bag that I forgot to take pictures of. I always have a bottle on hand for James because of course I have to have a way to feed him! (I don’t know how many times I’ve nearly forgotten it too! The day it happens, and it probably will, I know I’m going to be devastated!) In addition to the bottle I also like to bring a receiving blanket with me. I use this mainly as a cover for when I’m burping James. It’s like a scene from the Exorcist when he spits up….so better on it than me!
I hope you found this list useful. If you have anything that you find is a MUST to take along when you are out and about with your little ones please comment below! I would love to hear what you take along in your diaper bags!!